Thursday, June 19, 2008

Epilogue

We’re home, after a wonderful trip around the country, with highlights of visiting with friends and family along the way. Many people will ask what the favorite part or location of our trip was, and I’m not sure how to answer that. There were so many highlights, from the snow covered views of Crater Lake to Death Valley, beaches from the Pacific to the Atlantic, the drives through the Smoky Mountains and down the Natchez Trace, and especially visiting with family in Florida and getting to know and play with our grand nieces there.

I’d have to say that the real highlight for me was my traveling companion. Erin is as easy to travel with as she is to live with. We enjoyed the same things, and also tended to avoid the same things. We shared in laughter, awe and amazement at all we saw. It was a joy to both introduce her to sights I’d seen in the past as well as to make new discoveries together. She was the best part of the trip, but don’t tell her I said that – it’d probably go to her head.

No comments: